Tuesday 1 January 2008

Au soleil, sous la pluie, à midi ou à minuit

Bonne année à mes amis!! (apologies if that is *really* bad, my French is a little rusty these days)

Hello. I haven't gone mad, I just was singing along to Champs-Élysées by Joe Dassin (it featured on the soundtrack to 'The Darjeeling Limited'.) I'm also listening to 'Where Do You Go To My Lovely', which sounds a bit creepy, actually (also from TDL soundtrack).

Anyways, a new year! How strange, it seems that last year went pretty fast, actually. In the yarn harlot blog, Steph asked what was everybody's best knitting moment and I have to be honest and say that I don't remember.. Maybe knitting the shawl, I dunno. I started a baby jacket yesterday. I'm only doing it because the baby is due on my birthday, so I felt I had to do *something*. It's crochet, so it only took four hours to do the back, so I'm hoping it will be relatively painless. The instructions are rubbish though, I'm having to 'interpret' them, which usually leads to disaster...

We spent last night indoors, stuffing our faces with pizza, crisps, pop and random bits of Toblerone. (A six-year-old's dream New Year's celebration, in fact. We hate NYE that much!) We watched Jools Holland and enjoyed Seasick Steve for a second year running. Then this morning I felt dizzy, so we went for a walk on the seafront via Boots (the labrynthitis is kept at bay by seasickness tablets.. nothing to do with the aforementioned Steve). We also went into Primark, as I wanted tights. All the chavs must have been hungover, as the store was empty and I ended up buying two t-shirts and a beret as well. Gah.

The beach was quiet.
seagull

I took this picture of Benn and got confused as to why when I was getting nearer to him, the camera didn't zoom in (then realised I hadn't switched to camera mode, duh)
bennbeach

Ah, here we are (he does look a little tired, I promise he wasn't hungover)
bennnew

Here's to a great 2008!! x

No comments: