Saturday 29 December 2007

Resolute

Ok, I'll be honest, I'm hiding. From ten essays about 'Much Ado About Nothing.' So far today, I've marked one and a half, been swimming, slept for an hour, had a long bath and put a casserole dish in for a soak. So actually, I haven't been productive at all. I'm now sat here listening to the Spice Girls, drinking tea and checking my Fantasy Football team (I'm in the cup draw, so am now *very* interested in Cesc Fabregas' health and wellbeing...)

I am a bit sad; I keep a book journal. Basically, it's a list of all the books I've read in the last year and I am quite proud that I've stuck to it, as I'm rubbish about that kind of thing. I've read 43 books this year, which considering I haven't had more than two weeks off at once is pretty impressive. I'm also proud of the fact that I gave up my one-to-two bags of crisps habit and that I rarely have crisps these days. I'm sure my heart will thank me for it. My waistline doesn't seem to have felt the effects though. So naturally, I've started thinking about New Year's Resolutions. I don't want any over-the-top ones that I'm going to give up easily.. I would like to lose a bit of weight though, I think. So far, my list looks like this:

1) Cut down on Coke and other fizzy stuff. I got really good at this, and then recently it's crept back up. I only usually drink it in pubs, to which I rarely go, so it should be easy- it'll be when the weather creeps back up that I'll be tempted. Also applies to Starbucks Hot Chocolate with cream. I'll stick to skinny or Earl Grey, methinks.

2) Find a decent pair of jeans that fit. I'm not quite a size 14 and size 16 is way too big, so this is kind of a 50-50 thing- I'll lose a bit of weight, if ye Gode of Denime will provide me with a nice pair of jeans. Thanks.

3) Move house. Hopefully the ball will be rolling from the middle of February.

4) Pass my driving test (similar to last year's resolutions- start driving and get a passport, both of which I managed)

5) Make more time for my hobbies and for my friends/family. I'm hoping that the pressure starts to ease a little at school. I also have to learn to say no to things in order to get that elusive work/life balance.

6) Move my arse. I'm not talking about hours in the gym or pool, but regular swimming would be good and walking more would also be beneficial. I would also like a bike if we move.

7) Cook more and help more around the house. Domestic goddess I ain't. Even if I do this on the weekend, it would be an improvement on current situations.

Happy New Year!! xx

No comments: