Sunday 15 June 2008

Lazy Sundays..

So, my usual Sunday procrastination abounds. This weekend has been one of mostly pottering- sorting out and moving my plants after various kamikaze missions off the window sill, writing letters, sleeping, reading, generally taking it easy. I would have liked to have knitted in public yesterday with the rest of the Brighton knitters, but I was so tired and I had a huge headache, which resigned me to lots of afternoon sleep.

I have decided that next weekend will herald a massive de-cluttering. I am going to be really looking at a lot of stuff- I have so much I don't need. So charity shops, eBay and Freecycle will be called upon to get rid of various things. I also would like to get a sewing machine and learn to use it, so once I have created lots of space, I will finally have enough room to install one :)

I have been knitting, although not as much as I would have liked to, and I think the shawl is really coming along (even if it looks like one repeat in the pattern has gone somewhat awry- I refuse, for my sanity to fix it. I can live with it and Benn assures me that no one, other than me, will notice it..) I have also decided, in typical optimistic fashion, to start knitting the odd Christmas gift, without stretching myself to stupid levels. So, my friend who loves orange will get an orange and cream stripy angora/merino mix scarf etc.

Roll on the summer holidays, when I can actually do what I like without work hanging over me!

PS- How excited was I that Sebastien Tellier was interviewed in the Observer Music Monthly? I think it's now bordering on obsession.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Help, my sweetpeas are going bonkers and the tomato plant is about a foot high, what have you done to me?!x