Sunday 29 June 2008

Batman, Beth and Bronte

Things I have learnt this week:

1) Sewing is quite frustrating, but because I learnt to knit, I appear to have infinite patience with these things, even when I want to scream and never look at my sewing machine ever again.

2) Saying that, I have a massive desire for a skirt made of Batman fabric. I have also rekindled my love of the 60's Adam West Batman. Because of these things, I *will* sew again next week.
3) It is possible to get through to stroppy teenagers with the poetry of Emily Bronte! One of my more difficult students actually came up to me at the end of a lesson and told me that she was enjoying studying the poetry, as she knew how Emily felt when she was writing it. That is one reason why I teach. However, that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the summer.
4) I've been watching Glastonbury and wanting to be there. It's been years since I went to a festival. I also enjoyed Gossip's set and I heart Ms. Ditto for lots for reasons, but I especially enjoyed her singing in the crowd.

No comments: