Sunday 11 May 2008

Sun, sun, sun

Hello! It has been a hectic week... the sixth form go on study leave this week, so it's been lots of last minute revision and stress, which has meant I have been very happy to come home at the end of the day. Coming home at the end of the day has also been *amazing* because of the lovely weather!

However, due to the aforementioned stress, I have completely mucked up the Tuscany shawl and had to frog it back, twice. Not easy when it's a) lace and b) very fine yarn. Argh. I think I'm on the right track, here's hoping!!

Oh, and I went to school with a huge bandage on my arm on Friday, as I had a contraceptive implant stuck in my arm on Thursday night. Yum. It's not so sore now, but on Friday it really, really hurt and there was a *puncture* wound on my arm. The funniest thing, though, was the reaction from the kids. There were lots of wild rumours flying around; Miss had been attacked by her hamster; she'd got a new tattoo; she'd trapped her arm in a door... Fun times. At least the SATs papers were lovely.

Oh, I should mention that my plants are blossoming! It's getting to the point where I'm having to give lots away, as we're running out of space in our little flat. I don't think I can keep any of the sweet peas, as they'd grow too tall for our window sill, but I am keeping a couple of tomato plants and some of the chilli plants, that have come through surprisingly quick. And princesspea is right, they *do* feel like my children! Some of the plants will go to Benn's mum's, so technically, they'll still be mine.

I've been very ponderous this week, but I don't think it's time to post it- otherwise it might look a bit rant-y, and I'm actually quite chilled at the moment. Needless to say, however, my feminist sensibilities have been riled this week and I think I need to think about what I write, before I write it!

Have a good week!

No comments: