Sunday 30 March 2008

Acceptable in the 80's...

I am a child of the 1980s... I remember Claire Rayner, The Raggy Dolls and The Only Way is Up. However, for the last month I have been singing Erasure's 'A Little Respect' and I don't quite know why. I think I have fallen for the condition the Germans call an 'earworm', as in a song that you hear and it burrows it's way into your brain. Hey ho.

Anyway, I digress. Lots of exciting happenings at Beaconsfield Villas... we have just got back from the Leeds v Brighton game, which meant I spent 24 hours in my home town. Oh and I sat in the Brighton side, demurely smiling and laughing off lots of northern jokes ('Why, no, I'm not one of those.. Yes, I may be northern, although, technically, I was born in Wales. And I have a bath everyday, and my parents were married when I was born...') It was an OK match, the first half was apparently quite boring, but I enjoyed it. I just wish my feet did. Rain + football = trench foot.

I came back to earth with a bang when we got home- lots of marking. Oh well, we break up on Friday, so if I get more stuff done tonight, I might not have to go into school over the holiday. Yay! I did manage all of my year 8 exams on the train though.

Other news... last week (Monday), I set up a reading group on Ravelry. I expected maybe me and three other people and that would be it. In less than a week we have 202 members! It's insane. I'm loving doing it though.

Oh, and the Tuscany shawl is lovely. Thanks for asking.

No comments: