Tuesday 16 August 2011

What kind of stitchery is this?*

So, I have been doing a LOT of stitching recently and I'd like to show you the embroidery I've been doing. It's now no secret that I'll be selling stuff with the other Brighton Craft Guerilla ladies at the Brighton Craftaganza fair in December. I'll be selling various bits and bobs and I'm really looking forward to selling some needlework I've been doing. These butterflies were embroidered onto tea towels as a wedding present. The bride has a blue butterfly tattooed on her wrist, so I chose to replicate this:

 I found the images on Graphics Fairy and adapted them to suit my purposes.

I'm hoping to sell some more natural history inspired tea towels at Craftaganza. What do you think??










*Apologies to the late, great Ms Winehouse for abusing her lyrics to create a rubbish pun.

2 comments:

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

I think they're lovely!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work. It's so pretty and beautifully done.

I did a rollergirl embroidery for a friend's birthday, she was blown away, I was underwhelmed by it.