Sunday 28 December 2008

Post-Christmas Ponderings

Merry (belated) Christmas! I would have written sooner, but I had a bit of the flu in the run up to Christmas...

The day itself was lovely and I am a very, very lucky girl. I got my Knit Picks and they are perfect, I am knitting up a storm. I also got baking related gifts, a seedling set and lots of historical biographies (as well as Gone With The Wind, both on DVD and the novel!) so I am set up for whatever the recession can throw at me :) I'm just going to hibernate and work on the garden! I must admit though, I have succumbed to the post-Christmas blues, but those are easily beaten by a quick flick through Knitty's archives and ordering odd varieties of tomato seeds. One of my New Year's resolutions is to grow at least one tomato I can eat this year, what with last year's solitary fruit turning brown and hard :s I'm also going to be growing sweet peas, salads and sunflowers, which I can't wait. I'm also looking out for the bulbs Emily and I planted back in October. For the first time in ages, I feel hopeful and it's nice. It's more than nice, I feel like I'm a human again!

I was going to do my year 11 media marking today, but it's such a nice day that I think I will go and clear the garden and watch Bronte harrass the pair of wood pigeons that live in our tree. Then I plan on baking some Snickerdoodles and a honey loaf. Life is good.

No comments: