Monday 24 November 2008

Ooh, two posts in two days!

Unusual, I know!

I am sat at home, stressed and tired after a day of marking and arguing with teenagers, exhausted after travelling for too much time and I am thinking....

Is it really so ridiculous to open a knitting shop in Brighton? A good one, where I can sell local and independent products and really cool stuff and books that you can't get in C&H or Borders? Where I could teach classes and my Stitch and Bitch group could come for cake and coffee (and, more importantly, less scowls than they receive in Starbucks) I wish I had the money. I reckon even in recession, it'd make money (even the Guardian is declaring knitting to be just the thing to do in hard times!)

Ah, I can dream, I guess.

5 comments:

Peri said...

Sounds wonderful - it's a dream I share too :)

Anonymous said...

I want to open a knitting shop around the corner from my house where I can work and look after Lulu. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

It's not ridiculous at all! I was thinking about that too. I don't particularly enjoy paying for the train ticket to London or a postage fee - oh, and if there was tea in the shop, I think I would move there :D

Kyla said...

I have always wanted to open one too! :) If you open one, maybe I'll move there and work at it! haha. :)

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

hi.i am interested in knitting as well as blogging.hope we can be friends.