Sunday 19 October 2008

Exciting things and happenings...

Hello! How are you? I am immensly perky for a change, which is terribly unusual for a Sunday night.

Firstly, I've sorted out a health problem that's been dogging me for months. I'm no longer feeling tired and irritable all the time, which is fab :) I actually feel like myself again, something that has not been the case since about May. Also, I didn't have too much work to do today, as I did all my planning on Friday and I forgot to bring a mark scheme I needed! Sod's law, but it gave me a well deserved break.

Secondly, my grey yarn arrived and I am knitting up a storm on my Unshaped Shrug. I'm about a third of the way through; it is very easy and moves quickly, so hopefully that should be ready to wear in a matter of days! It's lovely to do something quick and satisfying- I've not had much luck with projects this year. I also did a bit of Christmas-present-fabric-shopping so I have a great selection of stuff to work with. Heaven!

Thirdly, Benn and I have spent time together properly for the first time in ages... We went out for a really nice meal last night (I ordered calamari! And plaice! I've never ordered fish that wasn't battered before. Wasn't keen on mussells though. A bit bogey-like in texture) and, OK, we spent an inordinate amount of time discussing our neighbour's slightly abandoned cat and what we should do about him, but at least we were *together* and enjoying each other's company.

The neighbour's cat, who has a Turkish name that I can never remember (I call him Baldrick, because he's short and scruffy) is locked out a lot. And sits on our windowsill waiting to be let in. At all hours. We've started putting biscuits down for him because they never do and he's out a lot. I would quite happily take him in, but I know it doesn't work like that, but I'm at a loss as to what to do. He tries to dash in here when we open the door and he and Bronte are fascinated by one another. They never hiss at each other like the other cats we get. He was out there until very late on Friday, again last night and was out today too. I know they let him in, but surely, if you live in a second floor flat you don't get a cat? Or if you do, you keep him as a house cat? Also, it puts us in an awkward position because we're nearly always in on an evening and he tries to come in with us. We have to throw him back outside whatever the weather and he hides in the bush. Or we risk locking him in the hallway with no litter tray until who knows what time. I don't know what to do. I am going to speak to our neighbour and mention that we have been putting food out occassionally. Benn doesn't want him anywhere near our flat (I suggested letting him through into the garden, where he would at least be safer from cars).

Any suggestions?? (I wish my lead for my phone was findable- I have a good photo of Baldrick on the windowsill!)

No comments: