Wednesday 4 March 2009

Ever feel that your life is one bad sitcom??

I'm having one of those weeks. Let's look at the evidence:

1) I fell over in front of a student I was telling off yesterday and nearly smashed my glasses (I mean I went RIGHT over. Thankfully the student was actually concerned)

2) I got home to find my new mini greenhouse had blown over taking out my entire crop of tomato seedlings. All 19 of them. I was able to save four sweet pea seedlings. I am gutted.

3) This morning, whilst faffing around with my headphones on the way to the station, I stepped ankle deep into a puddle. *Sigh*

4) I was given a technology cover.

5) I had a lunchtime meeting.

I am so over feeling cheerful about spring. I think I'm going to hibernate until July.

I have, however, discovered an amazing website www.readitswapit.co.uk for UK readers. I'm currently trying to get the second book in the Twilight series (I know, I know, don't hate me for it! I tried to resist, I really did) and I've got rid of quite a few of my own. Benn is not pleased, as it means that although I am getting rid of books, they are being replaced. He didn't see my helpful argument that at least I'm not *adding* to the total as a helpful argument at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it all gets better for you :) There are bad phases you go through. Thanks for sharing the link, I'm going to have a look. Would be interested to see what you thought of the Twilight series? My reaction was close enough to burning them...instead I stopped at the second book and resisted the temptation to bin them, I sent them to a grateful fan.

Emm@ said...

Dude! Are you OK?